Hot Tap Rail Tankers (January 2016)
- Location: Julia Creek, QLD
- Principal Contractor: Incitec Pivot
PROJEM’S SCOPE ‐ Supply Equipment and Labor to complete 4” Hot Tap on 18 Railway Tankers
- Modify new valves to allow for acid service.
- Design & Manufacture a Hot Tap machine to suit the capability of drilling into Vessels while under Nitrogen purge including installing a ball valve to assist with purge for welding.
- Develop JHA’s & Risk assessments to mitigate the risks associated with drilling into the pressurized vessel that may contain traces of Hydrogen vapor.
- Mobilize to site & performed trial run for all interested parties and confirm risk assessments.
- Drill & tap to suit ¼” BSP hole with small hot tap machine under Nitrogen purge, continue gas monitoring until satisfactory LEL (Lower Explosive Limit) is achieved.
- Prep area to weld 4” stab onto vessel while continuing purging.
- Set up & cut 4” Hot Tap hole with T101 Hot Tap Machine whilst still purging.
- Remove machine and hand to customer for decanting.